Sunday, October 19, 2008

Don't you just love New York in the fall?

"You've Got Mail" is one of my favorite movies of all time. We live in the heart of the Upper West Side, where the movie takes place, and every time I watch the movie now I feel like I'm living the life of Kathleen Kelly (minus the love story via email, owning a children's bookstore, etc). Take a stroll around our neighborhood and you'll see Cafe Lalo, Riverside Park, Central Park, Broadway, and all of the scenes from the movie. I love it.

One of my newest favorite lines is, "Don't you just love New York in the fall?" With fall creeping in I can truly say I do love New York in the fall, and I couldn't agree more! The city is filled with crisp air, beautiful trees, and all things fall. Not to mention, it's also the time to switch out the wardrobe and pull out sweaters, boots, scarves, gloves, and hats. It might be my imagination, but I feel like people are happier in the fall, especially on the subway. I no longer find people shoving me out of the way to get on the air conditioned train and get out of the nasty heat underground. Now the warmth is welcomed, and the battle to be the first one on the train is less intense.

For the past few Saturdays Jonathan and I spent the majority of our day in Central Park soaking up the lovely fall weather and watching the leaves begin to change. We are beginning to understand why people spend so much time here...it's New York's backyard, an escape from the craziness of city life. We are truly embracing that idea after weeks filled with late nights at work, running around, and always being on the go. Here are a few shots from our visit to the park a couple weeks ago. Enjoy!








4 comments:

Annie said...

Lovely. I'm glad you found my family blog. It is a fun and odd way to keep in touch. Reading yours and Jonathan's post tells me a bit about you that I would not have been able to see at a family get together.

Someday, I'll visit New York, and I'll just have to do it in the Fall.

Amy said...

Fun pictures! You guys are so cute... makes me want to go to NY again. I was there in the spring but I would love to visit in the fall!

Lesley said...

lovely pictures. You know, i've never seen new york city's changing leaves. I can't even remember how many times I've visited, and in every season, but I've never seen them (i came in early oct once, but I guess I just missed them). Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures so I can live vicariously through you. I look forward to many, many more.

Jessica McKay said...

Here's a boquet of freshly sharpened pencils just for you. We are of one heart when it comes to You've Got Mail. I dream that someone will discover that I would make a really amazing children's book editor. As for now, I'll just keep recommending "the shoe books" and reading all the JF/YF I can.